How To Make Water Marbles
2 tsp. baking soda
Make sodium acetate by combining about one teaspoon of baking soda and a few drops of vinegar. Mix these two products by carefully swirling the mixture in the cup. Add one more teaspoon of baking soda and a few more drops of vinegar and repeat the mixing.
2. Set the sodium acetate in the freezer for ten minutes then remove from freezer.
3. Pour a half cup of calcium bicarbonate into the sodium acetate in a taller glass cup. The mixture will bubble up for a few seconds. Wait for the mixture to calm down and mix the combination by moving the glass in the same circular motion.
4. Pour a half cup of iodized salt into the newly formed mixture and mix.
5. Pour the mixture into a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil the mixture for seven minutes. Stir the mixture continually.
6. Pour the mixture into a plastic container and let it sit for 15 minutes. The mixture should turn into a gel.
7. Reach your hand in the mixture, grab some of the mixture and pull it out of the container. When the substance is in contact with the air it loses its polar ability and sticks to itself. This causes it to become small solid water spheres.